- Matches Played: 463 ( Most )
- Consecutive ODI Appearances: 185
- Most Stadium Appearances: 90 different Grounds
- Inning appearances: 452 ( Most ). First to appear in
400 innings in ODI matches.
Sachin Tendulkar Most runs in an ODI Innings
Sachin Tendulkar holds the record most runs scored in one
ODI innings. He is the one and only batsman to score 200
runs (147ball 25x4 3x6) in an ODI against South Africa
- Most runs in an ODI Innings: Sachin Tendulkar holds
the record for being the first batsman to score 200 runs
(147 balls 25x4 3x6) in an ODI against South Africa. It
was the highest score by any batsman for a while, before
Virender Sehwag scored 219 (149 balls, 25x4 7x6) against
West Indies in the 4th ODI of the 2011 home series
- Most runs: Sachin has scored 18426 runs in 452
innings of odi cricket at an astonishing average of
44.83 and blistering strike rate of 86.24.He is the
leading run scorer in the ODI format of the game and the
only player ever to cross the
14,000-15,000-16,000-17,000 and 18,000 run marks.
- Sachin Tendulkar First player to reach
10,000-11,000-12,000-13,000-14,000-15,000, 16,000 and
17,000, 18,000 ODI runs.
- Sachin Tendulkar has the record for scoring 1,000
ODI runs in a calendar year.
- He has done it seven times - 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998,
2000, 2003 and 2007
- Tendulkar has scored over 1000 ODI runs against all
major Cricketing nations.
- Tendulkar is the only batsman to score over 3000
runs against any opponent (Australia). Tendulkar is also
the only batsman to achieve the feat runs against two
opponents - Sri Lanka is the other team.
- After Sachin crossed the 10,000-run mark in ODIs,
only seven other players have managed to cross the
milestone: (Sanath Jayasuriya, Sourav Ganguly, Rahul
Dravid, Ricky Ponting, Brian Lara, Inzamam ul Haq, and
- Sachin was the fastest to reach 10,000 runs taking
259 innings and has the highest batting average among
batsmen with over 10,000 ODI runs
- Tendulkar holds the record for the highest
individual score in a one day international when he
scored 200 not out breaking the previous record of 194
in the India vs South Africa ODI on 24 February 2010.
- Tendulkar holds the record for the most fours (
boundaries ) in an innings. He hit 25 fours in the
innings against South Africa on on 24 February 2010 when
he scored double century.
- Only player to score 5, 150+ (186*, 152, 163*, 175
and 200*)scores in ODI cricket, followed by Sanath
Jayasuriya of Srilanka with 4, 150+ scores in ODI
Centuries and Fifties record:
- Most centuries: 49
- Only cricketer to ever score a double hundred in the
ODI format - against South Africa at Gwalior, India.
- Most centuries against an opponent - 9 vs.
- Most centuries vs. Australia, South Africa, Kenya,
Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe and Pakistan.
- Most centuries in Final Matches 6 & India Win All
- Most centuries against One Team - Australia 20 (11
- Most Fifties: 96.
- Highest number of above fifty scores in ODIs - 141
(49 Centuries and 96 Fifties).
- Most Fifties in World Cup Matches (21)
- Most Man of the Match Awards: 62 Man of the Match
- Most Man of the Series Awards: 15 Man of the Series
- Most ODI runs in a calendar year: 1,894 ODI runs in
- Most Centuries in a calendar year: 9 ODI centuries
Sachin Tendulkar Partnership Records in Cricket
- Sachin with Sourav Ganguly hold the world record for
the maximum number of runs scored by the opening
partnership. They have put together 6,609 runs in 136
matches that includes 21 century partnerships and 23
fifty run partnerships. The 20 century partnerships for
opening pair is also a world record.Most century
partnerships for opening pair in the cricket history-
Ganguly and Sachin put together 20 century partnerships
as opening pair.
- Sachin and Rahul Dravid hold the world record for
the highest partnership in ODI matches when they scored
331 runs against New Zealand in 1999 at the LBS,
- Sachin Tendulkar has been involved in six 200 run
partnerships in ODI matches - a record that he shares
with Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid.
- Most runs (2,278 at an average of 56.95 as on 9
April 2011) in World Cup Cricket History including 6
centuries & 15 fifties with a best score of 152* against
Namibia in 2003 world cup * 673 runs in 2003 Cricket
World Cup, highest by any player in a single Cricket
- Player Of The World Cup Tournament in the 2003
Cricket World Cup.
- 5239 runs in the 1996 Cricket World Cup at an
average of 87.16, making him the highest run scorer in
the 1996 World Cup and setting the then record for the
highest runs by any player in a single Cricket World Cup
- subsequently bettered by himself in the 2003 World Cup
- Of 462 matches Sachin Tendular has played, India has
lost 200 matches.
- He has opened Batting 340 times in ODI cricket which
is a record.
- He has 96 fifties to his credit. Most by any
- He has scored 50+ runs 145 times in ODI cricket.
Sachin Tendulkar World Cup Records
- Most Runs. (2120 Runs)
- Most Fifties. (13 Fifties)
- Most Hundreds. (6 Hundreds)
- Most runs in a series. (673 runs in 2003 World Cup)
- Highest Partnership runs for 3rd wicket. (237 Runs
with Rahul Dravid). Game Appearances:
- Tendulkar has played the most number of Test
- On his Test debut, Sachin Tendulkar was the
third youngest debutant (16y 205d). Mushtaq Mohammad
(15y 124d) and Aaqib Javed (16y 189d) debuted in
Test matches younger to Tendulkar. Since then, there
have been 2 players who were younger than Sachin on
their Test Cricket debut: Hasan Raza - Pakistan (14y
227d), the current youngest debutant, and Mohammad
Sharif - Bangladesh (15y 128d).
- Highest run scorer in the history of Test
cricket with 15,921 Test runs.
- Career Average (1989–2013, 200* Tests, 15,921
runs) at 53.78
- Became the first Indian to surpass the 11,000
Test run mark and the third International player
behind Allan Border and Brian Lara. Lara took 213
innings, Sachin 223 and Border 259.
- Second Indian after Sunil Gavaskar to make over
10,000 runs in Test matches.
- Tendulkar and Brian Lara are the fastest to
score 10,000 runs in Test cricket history. Both of
them achieved this in 195 innings.
- Sachin Tendulkar (8145) world record of runs
scored in Tests away from home.
- Sachin Tendulkar (29) world record of Centuries
in Tests away from home.
- First player to reach 12,000-13,000-14,000,15000
- Holds the record for scoring most 1,000 Test
runs in a calendar year. He has done it Six times -
2010 (1600), 2008 (1063), 2002 (1392 runs), 1999
(1088 runs), 2001 (1003 runs) and 1997 (1000 runs).
- Sachin Tendulkar is the fourth highest
run-getter in a single calendar year in Test
History. He has scored 1562 runs in 2010 and is
behind Mohammad Yousuf (1780 runs in 2006), Viv
Richards (1710 runs in 1976) and Graeme Smith (1656
runs in 2008).
- Sachin Tendulkar created yet another record on
8th November 2011 when he became the first cricketer
to score 15,000 runs in Test cricket, during the
opening Test match against the West Indies at the
Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium in New Delhi.
- Sachin Tendulkar created a world record" Sachin
Tendulkar sets one more world record for aggregating
most runs in Tests". Cricket Country. Retrieved 11
November 2011. for aggregating most runs in the
fourth innings in Tests, going past Rahul Dravid's
tally of 1507 runs during India's second innings of
the first Test against West Indies.
- Highest number of Test centuries(51), overtaking
Sunil Gavaskar's record (34). On October 10, 2010 in
Bengaluru (Bangalore) against Australia in the
Border-Gavaskar trophy's second and final test match
Sachin Tendulkar reached a milestone. With a single
to third man, Tendulkar reached his 6th double
century and his 49th test century.
- Highest number of 150+ score in Test Cricket
- When Tendulkar scored his maiden century in
1990, he was the second youngest to score a century.
Only Mushtaq Mohammad had scored a century at a
younger age by 1990. Tendulkar's record was bettered
by Mohammad Ashraful in 2001/02 season. The record
for previous youngest Indian centurion was held by
- Tendulkar's record of five centuries before he
turned 20 is a current world record.
- Tendulkar holds the current record (217 against
NZ in 1999/00 Season) for the highest score in Test
cricket by an Indian when captaining the side.
Gavaskar held the previous record (205 against West
Indies in Bombay - 1978/79 season)
- Tendulkar has scored centuries against all Test
playing nations. He was the third batman to achieve
the distinction after Steve Waugh and Gary Kirsten.
The current list also includes Brian Lara, Ricky
Ponting, Rahul Dravid, Jacques Kallis, Adam
Gilchrist and Marvan Atapattu.
- Tendulkar's 37th century against Bangladesh
during the 2nd Test , made history as the 1st time
the top four batsmen of any team had all scored
centuries in a single innings. Dinesh Karthik (129),
Wasim Jaffer (138) and Rahul Dravid (129) were the
other centurions in the innings.